How do I sign up to the Affiliate Programme?You need to navigate to the "Sign Up Now" tab at the top of this site, create an account and then submit the application. The OddsMonkey Support Team will have a look over your application before approving it, and you'll be notified by email when successful, usually within 48 hours.
When do I get paid, and how?Affiliates are paid on a scheduled basis, once per month, for the previous month.
We will only pay you if your balance for that month is £50 or more. This means, if you earned £35 in January, you would not receive a payment in February. This £35 would be rolled in with your February earnings. Therefore, if you earned another £20 in February, you would receive a combined payment of £55 in March.
You can easily see how much you have earned in each month by going to Commissions -> Current Commissions.
Payments are made directly into the PayPal account you registered with. Please make sure this PayPal email address is correct and up-to-date, as we will not chase you up if we are unable to make payment due to incorrect information provided to us by you.
Why haven't I received a commission after referring my friend? Any of the following can explain this:
1) Your friend didn't click your link. For you to receive a commission, the person you refer MUST use your link to access our site. If they don't, you will not receive a commission. (After that first visit, they can visit us directly and you'll still get credit).
2) Your friend did click your link, but only AFTER they'd already signed up to our site (even as a free member). Our referral scheme exists as an incentive for you to send more customers to us. If a customer came to our site directly, there is no commission due to be paid (even if they click your link at a later date). Any natural referral will always click your link to arrive at the site, so this shouldn't be an issue. To avoid this, make sure you use your affiliate link the first time you mention our site to someone.
3) Another affiliate referred your friend (or someone else in their household) first. Commissions are always paid to the FIRST affiliate who referred someone. If Chris clicks on Alan's link first, and then a few days later clicks on Steve's link, only Alan will receive a commission when Chris pays, as he was the person who originally referred him. Your friend may not be aware that they clicked another affiliate link, but the link may have been in a review article or other fan-site.
4) Your friend has only created a free account, not a paid Premium one. Sometimes we get affiliates asking about customers, only for us to discover that that person isn't a Premium Member. Once your friend does upgrade, you will be credited your commission.
5) Your commission may still be in "Pending". As soon as a sale goes through, it will instantly be added to the "Pending Commissions" section of your account. Once we approve it, it will appear in your main commissions. This approval process can take up to two weeks in some situations.
Note that commissions are tracked via IP addresses and cookies. This means that if anyone in a house clicks an affiliate link, anyone who signs up to us from that household will go to that affiliate. As an example: Alan is an affiliate, and sends his link to his friend Chris. Chris signs up and also becomes an affiliate himself. Chris then sends his affiliate link to his wife, who lives in the same house. Unfortunately, Chris's wife has the same IP address as Chris does. This means that the commission from Chris's wife will go to Alan, because that IP address has already been attributed to Alan's link. Therefore referring people in your own household may not work. This is also true of shared workplaces.
We regret that we will not investigate any "missing" commissions, as there has, to date, never been a legitimate missing commission.